What to Expect at Westchester Family Church
- When are services? Sundays are at 10:45 AM. (Come a little early because we start the first song a few minutes early to get everyone ready for worship.)
- Where is the church located? We meet at 1 Turner Lane in Mount Kisco, NY. (Click here for a map.)
- What should I wear? Our dress is casual. Come comfortably dressed. Yes, jeans are fine.
- What is it like to walk in to WFC as a visitor? Before service begins, you’ll be warmly greeted at the front door, you can choose where you want to sit, and an usher may give you a packet of printed information. Inside the packet, there is a “Visitor Card”. Please fill that card out and either place it in the offering basket (mid service) or hand it to an usher. As you find your seat and read through the packet, you may be greeted by several people as we’re known to be a loving and genuinely caring congregation!
- Is there something for my children?
Yes. We offer classes for Nursery (birth-3 years) and Children (4 years old – 5th Grade). Theses classes begin at the start of the service. Our Greeters and Ushers can help you and your family find the classes. Teachers wear green shirts that say “Children’s Ministry” on the back, so they are easy to spot as well.
- Is there a teens’ class? Yes, the teens have a class that meets each Sunday, except Communion Sunday, which is the first Sunday of the month. They join the adults in the beginning of the worship service for the music and are dismissed mid-service during Meet & Greet.
- What is a WFC service like? Our service is usually about 1 hour and 20 minutes in length. We invite the attendees to engage in the entire worship service. We accomplish this by singing contemporary Christian music, having a special time of prayer led by our Pastor, giving of our tithes and offerings, meeting and greeting each other, listening to the preaching of God’s Word, the Bible, and extending an opportunity to respond to the message heard. As the Holy Spirit leads, the service may have moments of quiet as we linger in God’s loving presence. At other times, there may be spontaneous moments of love and adoration to God with words of praise, thanks, joy and victory. In yet other times, there may be special prayer offered for physical healing or specific needs, and as the Holy Spirit desires, there may be expressions of the spiritual gifts. In everything, a flow of worship should be evident with Biblical properness and order, not causing any sincere worshipper to feel out of place at WFC. Each expression of worship will blend as we worship God as a body of Believers. Additionally, at the close of service, there is an invitation to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Prayer Partners are made available after service is dismissed to pray for any need you may have.
- We trust you will enjoy your visit to WFC!